Anina's First Blog

Agenda;
Blog-Corrections
RJ ✓
Reader's Workshop
STEP-UP to Writing

HW:
RJ 4.3
T.O. p.167-180

The class started with Elizabeth reading her fabulous blog. Then, she choose me to do the blog. Hooray.
 I came up to the computer and class went on.

Ms. Nakada told everyone to take out their reading journals and share their summaries.  Nikita and Skylar shared their summaries to the class. I would tell you what they said, but I wasn't paying attention. Ms. Nakada marked key points in the book, and it was time for reader's workshop.

Natalia came up to me, gave me a tiny heart attack, and asked me to be in the blog. Then, Guillermo asked me to not to be in the blog, but I put him in anyway.

The room got really quiet for a couple of minutes; it was very peaceful.  Ms. Nakada broke the silence by telling everyone to take out their notebooks.

We learned about the Step-Up to Writing system that uses a color coded system to organize an essay.  the colors are:

Green- GO is your topic sentence or thesis.

Yellow- SLOW DOWN is your reasoning, details, and facts that support your topic.

Red- STOP is the explanation and examples to support and describe your details.

Class ended, and everyone left. I was typing away when Nylah, Jonathan and Caleb asked me to be in the blog. Are you happy now?


Comments