Nylah's First Blog



AGENDA
Blog• corrections
Q∙Q∙Song/✓
"The Poverty Myth"

HW RJ 6.1 Read for
20-30 min. and record
Book Projects due Friday!


Class started with us writing down today's agenda. After we finished writing down the agenda, Dayanara went up to read her blog. Then, Mr. Perez's daughter, I mean Dayanara, picked me to do the blog. As stated by many people who have done the blog, the computer wasn't working. Ms. Nakada came and fixed it, and that's when I started to type my blog. While typing my blog, the class went over the Quote of the Week. The quote said "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." It was by Scout Finch from the book To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. The class discussed what the quote meant.

After that, the class went over the Question of the Week, which was "Do you read banned books?" The class discussed it, but I didn't really listen to them since I was working on the blog. After discussing the Question of the Week, the class watched a video on banned books. I was surprised to hear that Captain Underpants was considered a banned book. After watching the video, the class listened to the Song of the Week, which was "Mr. Roboto" by STYX. It was kind of an upbeat and weird song.

After the class talked about what the song was about, Ms. Nakada passed out a paper called "The Poverty Myth," and told the class to read it and make annotations. Overall, the class was silent, considering the fact that everyone was reading. While everyone was reading or making annotations. After about six minutes, Ms. Nakada asked the class what the thesis was in paragraph eight and said, "We have touted the myth that if you are low-income, you can't achieve." After that, the bell rang. YAYYYY!!!

Here are the people who asked to be in my amazing blog🧚: Caleb☆☆, Angel, Squirrel(Isabella C), Dayanara, and Jessica B.

Comments