Alaysia's first blog

Agenda:
blog corrections
Q.Q. Song
Inktober: Overgrown
T.O Book v. Movie

HW: RJ 9.1
I.O & B.A p. 1-37

Today is Monday, the beginning of the third week of October. We walk into class, and we sit in our new assigned seats that Ms. Nakada assigned. Once we all sat down, Liv began to read her blog. Once she finished, she picked me to do the blog, which is okay because I just want to get it over with. Right now, I am very nervous to do the blog because I haven't done this before, and I don't know how it works.

Anyway, while I'm doing the blog, everyone began writing the quote, question, and song of the week. The quote is, "Success travels in the company of very hard work. There is no trick, no easy way." by John Wooden. I think it means that in order to succeed, there is no easy way to get there, you must go the hard way. The question of the week is, "Should we celebrate Columbus Day?" which I don't think we should because he really wasn't that good of a person. Ms. Nakada is explaining all the terrible things that Columbus did to the Indians and it gives me a little insight of why we don't celebrate. Finally, she explains the song of the week, which is "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley. I have never heard of that song before, but I love Bob Marley. I am listening to it right now, and it is a pretty good song, I think its about slavery and how they were treated, and also about their redemption.

Next, we move on to our Inktober drawings, today's prompt is overgrown. She set a timer for us to finish our drawings. I drew a boy who is taller than a height measure thing. Here is a picture of what I drew. It's the only thing I could think of for today's prompt. After that, everyone began sharing their prompts. People drew really good stuff. One person drew a polar bear, another drew a girl dancing to music, and someone drew the burning church from The Outsiders. We now transition to our book v. movie faithful and departs from The Outsiders.

There are so many differences between the movie and the book, but there are also things that stayed faithful to the book. There was the significance of the sunset, the  "Things are rough all over." quotes from Cherry, and she also says that were not all like that, she also throws the coke at Dally, and Johnny's death. The departures are, there are no Sandy subplots, the teacher didn't assign Pony's theme, and it doesn't show the part where he gets jumped.

Unfortunately, it is the end of class and I'm getting to the end of my blog. Before we leave class, Ms. Nakada passes out the new book that were reading, which is called, Inside Out & Back Again. That is the end of the blog, and the names in the Blog are Nylah and Caleb. I'm not really sure who to pick for the blog because almost everyone did it, but I'm glad that I got it over with.



Comments