Parker's Third Blog

AGENDA:
Blog corrections
"Ain't I a Woman?"
T.H.U.G. book v. movie

HW:
RJ 7.3 Read for 20-30 minutes



Class started like normal and Lily read her blog. It was pretty good and didn't have many spelling errors. While she read her blog, Ms. Nakada passed out papers titled "Ain't I a Woman?" by Sojourner Truth.
      Ms. Nakada started playing a video, and I was very confused because I thought there was a man speaking very loudly in the back of the room, but then I realized it was just a video, and I continued typing. The video was of a lady delivering a speech to a big crowd. We then talked about the speech. She was talking about how woman's "special" treatment didn't seem to apply with a Black woman, which is really unfair. I'm now realizing that this wasn't the actual girl who was talking, but from a woman a long time ago because they are talking about slavery and carriages. One thing that was interesting was when she said "Where did Christ come from?" which was a good argument.
      Then, we turned to our The Hate U Give  book vs. movie notes. People where asking why we couldn't finish the movie. Most of us were really quiet, so it was annoying when some people were being so loud that the teachers turned the movie off, but oh well. I already saw the movie while on a plane once. A lot of people haven't seen the movie though. One of the biggest differences is that at the end of the movie when things were almost resolved and Starr's little brother pulls out a gun. People were saying that it was over the top and not needed. I don't know because I haven't read the book.

People who wanted to be in the blog are Paola, Dayanara, Nylah, Lily, Natalia, Melody, and Guillermo. Also, some other people, but I forgot who.






Comments