Skylar's Second Blog



Agenda
Blog • Corrections
Quote, Question, Song
Manana Iguana
Reader's Workshop
Winter haiku

HW: 
Read for fun
AR 100% / 500,000 words

Hello Everyone! I am so excited to do the blog, and I have been awaiting this day. The day started with everyone coming to their seats. Then, like usual, we all wrote down the agenda in our binder reminders. I made sure to say happy birthday to Liv, and I hope we all sing to her sometime today. I also took a look at the song of the week, and got very excited. Madi told me some information on Lorde, which I thought was very cool. A bit after that, Angel was called up for his blog, and when he was done he chose me. So, I sat down and started to type.
Ms. Nakada told everybody to get out their English notebooks so we can write down our quote, question, and song of the week. Then, the class wrote down the quote by Colson Whitehead. Most of you can read, so the quote is right there on the board. Speaking of reading, Ms. Nakada told us that we are about to complete our first whole decade! Wow! She also added the fact that we all didn't know how to read before this decade. Some people, not to name names, said that they still could not read.
After that conversation, we all wrote down the question of the week. What are your proudest accomplishments of the past year/decade? That was the question, and a very good question I might add.
Now, for my favorite part, the song of the week. Like I said, when I got here this morning, I was very excited because this song is one of my favorite songs, and I know all of the words. The song this week is "Royals" by Lorde.
The song started to play and comments were scattered around the room, most of them were about ow great this song is. I agree with those people 100%. The sound was a little quiet, so we replayed it louder. Also, a little while ago Natalia came up to me and told me she thought I was doing a good job. Thank you Natalia!
At the moment, the song is playing, and I am having a ball. Maybe this makes up for missing Lizzo last week. When the song was over Ms. Nakada asked all of us what this song is about, and then what our favorite lyric is. My favorite lyric is "You can call me Queen Bee."
Sadly, people were being loud, so we couldn't hear Ms. Nakada read Manana Iguana. After, we all got our portfolios, and our scores on our project. We also got back our NaNoWriMo Reflections. After all of that,we could finally learn about these winter haikus. This type of poetry originates from Japan, and is traditionally about nature. The first line has five syllables, the second has seven, and the third has five syllables. Also, you are supposed to write your haiku in the format, where on the first line, what on the second line, and when on the last line.
I just left the classroom to get my shirt and sweatshirt for the eighth grade class of 2020. As I was coming back, the bell rang, so I guess this is the end of the blog. This time, I will put people in the blog. So here you go, Paola, Nylah, and Caleb. Bye!



Comments